Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

The winning collection; Swahili fashion week 2010

 The theme of the show was contemporary swahili....i took my inspiration from the swahili culture and the Indian ocean,the bottom of the dress is actually made as the waves and the black net is "fish nets" supposedly used by Swahili people for fishing...the dress is beaded and has sea shells....yellow is my  Favorite color so  I loved using it in my collection while neutralizing it with black
 Doing my grand finale did not get a clear picture since I was moving very fast....(nervous),I love my two piece collection in bright yellow khanga mixed with black plain wax.My dress completed the collection..
 When i was announced the winner (Aisee nilipanick), I came running and jumped on poor Deo...I was so excited that my hardwork really paid off, thanks to the lord,my family and friends,Mustafa Hassanali and the Swahili fashion week team and everyone who has been supporting all this time.
 Posing with Mustafa Hassanali after the show for a memorable moment....
Check out my winning smile(CHEKO LA USHINDI)
more pictures after jump
With Towani Clarke a Zambian designer,we had only met a few days earlier and she became a good friend and supporter...

 After the show with friend Abduel, Mgece,Me,Rio Paul,Aneth  and Kelvin....we were in the competition together and were all happy that I won....
Me and Aneth....i love her dress...and the pose


 And the next day My story covered many newspapers this is just a copy I got from a friend...... unbelievable isn't it..........my dream come true



          I am so thankful to everyone that supports me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...