Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

QUOTE OF THE DAY

I’ve redefined my definition of beauty. I’ve removed the long extensions that a gracious Indian/Malaysian or Brazilian donated to make me feel more prettier I’ve removed the chemicals from my hair.
I’ve realized that colonialism still lives within us. I refuse to only feel beautiful with someone else’s long hair intertwined into my coarse roots. I refuse to slather my hair in calcium hydroxide to obtain “beautiful” silky hair.I am African. My hair is kinky, my skin is brown, and my cheekbones are high.I am beautiful, and I am not my hair. JADILI AFRICA




                                                                      JIPENDE, 
                                                                      JITHAMINI,
                                                                      JIKUBALI.
                                                                      KWA SABABU HAKUNA KAMA WEWE.
                                                                 
                                                            HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...